Yesterday, August 16, 2018, Malacanang Palace announced that President Rodrigo R. Duterte signed Proclamation No. 555 declaring the List of Philippine Holidays for 2019.
The 2019 LIST of NATIONAL HOLIDAYS consists of 10 Regular, 7 Special Non-Working Holidays plus additional 2 Special Non-Working Days.
However, the dates of Islamic Holidays of Eid’l Ftr and Eid’l Adha were not included in the proclamation, as these holidays depend on the lunar calendar. According to Malacanang the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos shall inform the Office of the President of the actual dates on which these holidays fall.
NOTE: This post is updated August 1, 2019 due to the proclamation of Eid Al Adha holiday.
Apart from these nationwide holidays, there are local holidays observed in a place such as a city or provincial founding anniversaries or charter days.
List of Philippine REGULAR and SPECIAL HOLIDAYS for 2019
- January 1, 2019- Tuesday (New Year’s Day)
- April 9, 2019- Tuesday (Araw ng Kagitingan)
- April 18, 2019- Maundy Thursday
- April 19, 2019- Good Friday
- May 1, 2019- Wednesday (Labor Day)
- June 5, 2019- Wednesday (Eid Al Fitr)
- June 12, 2019- Wednesday (Independence Day)
- August 12, 2019- Monday (Eid Al Adha)
- August 26, 2019- Monday (National Heroes Day)
- November 30, 2019- Saturday (Bonifacio Day)
- December 25, 2019- Wednesday (Christmas Day)
- December 30, 2019- Monday (Rizal Day)
- February 5, 2019- Tuesday (Chinese New Year)
- February 25, 2019- Monday (EDSA People Power Revolution Anniversary)
- April 20, 2019- Black Saturday
- August 21, 2019- Wednesday (Ninoy Aquino Day)
- November 1, 2019- Friday (All Saint’s Day)
- December 8, 2019- Sunday (Feast of Immaculate Conception of Mary)
- December 31, 2019- Tuesday (Last Day of the Year)
ADDITIONAL SPECIAL NON-WORKING HOLIDAYS
- November 2, 2019- Saturday (All Souls’ Day)
- December 24, 2019- Tuesday (Christmas Eve)
From the 2019 List of Holidays we can now conclude the long weekends for 2019 and thus, begin planning for vacations or short trips. Check below the 2019 long weekends.
2018 LONG WEEKENDS DUE TO HOLIDAYS
Rizal Day 2018 to New Year 2019- Sunday to Tuesday
December 30, 2018 (Sunday)- Regular Holiday
December 31, 2018 (Monday)- Special Holiday
January 1, 2019 (Tuesday) Regular Holiday
Long Weekend for EDSA People Power Revolution- Saturday to Monday
February 23, 2019 -(Saturday)
February 24, 2019 (Sunday)
February 25, 2019 (Monday) Special Holiday
Holy Week 2019 Long Weekend- Thursday to Sunday
April 18, 2019 (Thursday)- Regular Holiday
April 19, 2019 (Friday)- Regular Holiday
April 20, 2019 (Saturday)- Special Holiday
April 21, 2019 (Sunday)
Eid Al Adha Long Weekend – Saturday to Monday
August 10, 2019 (Saturday)
August 11, 2019 (Sunday)
August 12, 2019 (Monday)- Regular Holiday
National Heroes Day Long Weekend- Saturday to Monday
August 24, 2019 (Saturday)
August 25, 2019 (Sunday)
August 26, 2019 (Monday)- Regular Holiday
All Saints’ Day Long Weekend- Friday to Sunday
November 1, 2019 (Friday) Special Holiday
November 2, 2019 (Saturday) Special Holiday
November 3, 2018 (Sunday)
Rizal Day 2019 to New Year 2020- Sunday to Tuesday
December 29, 2019 (Sunday)
December 30, 2019 (Monday) Regular Holiday
December 31, 2019 (Tuesday) Special Holiday
January 1, 2020 (Wednesday) Regular Holiday
Seeing the above data, we can identify that there will be 6 long weekends for next year including the Rizal Day 2018 to New Year Holidays 2019.
So, now it is high time to check your travel bucket list for 2019. You can start arranging your schedule to have a short weekend trip with family or barkadas. Having your vacation in a long weekend means extra bonding time and less vacation leave credits to be used.
Where would you like to go for your dream vacation? Take a list of your preferred travel destination so that you will be ready to book in case a promo fare of Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines, Air Asia or other airlines will be announced.
Holiday Pay During Regular and Special Non-Working Days
Another importance of knowing the List of Holiday is the holiday pay. Employees working on a regular or legal holiday is entitled to receive 200% of their regular daily salary. On the other hand, work done on a Special Non-Working Holiday will have an additional 30% on top of the regular daily salary.
PISO FARE friends, it is time to watch out for airline PISO FAREs and promo fares. To receive updates on airline seat sale 2018 to 2019, Like and Follow our Facebook: PISO FARE TICKET!
LIKE and SHARE